Bay of Islands Gateway Motel & Apartments, Paihia
Quality self-contained, air-conditioned accommodation nestled between Paihia and Waitangi on lovely Te Tii Bay. This Kiwi Owned/Operated Motel offers well-appointed rooms with super-king or king beds and 4K Ultra HD or HD TV’s streaming ready. Free WIFI with unlimited data.
Bring your mountain bikes or boat as we have onsite storage and limited boat/trailer parking (both must be booked in advance). Free onsite parking
The Bay of Islands Gateway Motel & Apartments is a pickup and drop off point for bus tours, cruises and all the exciting activities offered in and around Paihia, the Bay of Islands and the unspoilt North of New Zealand.
Please contact us directly for corporate rates.
Facilities and attractions within close proximity to the Gateway to Paradise:
- Safe swimming beach across the road
- Supermarket and petrol station (100 metres)
- Meander along the waterfront to central Paihia with all it has to offer
- Waitangi Treaty Grounds is a pleasant 15-minute walk. Discover New Zealand’s history and the story of two peoples coming together as one under the Treaty of Waitangi, Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- 4km to Baylys’ Farm Wedding/Event Venue, we can accommodate approximately 30 guests
- 4km to Waitangi Golf Course, where “the sea meets the tee” or for the more adventurous explore the trails at Waitangi Mountain Bike Park
- 3.5 km to Haruru Falls
- The native bush directly behind the motel is home to a vast number of New Zealand wildlife, including Kiwi, Morepork and Tui.
- Kerikeri Airport, 21 km from the property, car hire, taxi or SuperShuttle transport are all available at the airport.
- Intercity Bus, may drop you off outside the motel at the Paihia/Waitangi roundabout, please make your request on boarding.